Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Walnut Creek, CA? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift seats, buying or renting one, and where to do that. We will educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Walnut Creek, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline level, even completely level. This is due to infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for individuals who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. In case you are looking to spend less, there is absolutely no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We don’t advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and they can go into any position. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wants to have these characteristics, the cost is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Walnut Creek, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months, you can even sell the lift seat afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used commence at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same price as an used lift seat. Apart from that, used lift chairs rarely carry a warranty whereas a new one does. It is suggested that you buy a brand new entry-level lift chair instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Walnut Creek, CA
Besides being accessible at a variety of local shops like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.