Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or just want better freedom. These pages will educate you on how much each type of lift seat should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift recliner. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you need to know about lift recliners.
Waterloo, IA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Power lift chair recliners are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even entirely flat. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero Gravity position is excellent for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you’re looking to spend less, there is no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it is not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. Additionally they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Waterloo, IA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You can also sell the lift seat afterward too, if you desire it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in purchasing an used lift seat if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be amazing if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are just good for the first owner other than that, it really is risky. We recommend people buy a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Waterloo, IA
Besides being available at various local shops including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as stair lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re sure to locate a quality product as nearly all the items are American furniture.