Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or just need better mobility. This page will advise you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We do not work for any lift seat manufacturer and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you need to understand about lift recliners.
West Sacramento, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These recliners are just not as bad as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an additional plus, there’s normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their ottomans can be adjusted independently of their back and they can go into any place. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – West Sacramento, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift chair afterward also, if you desire it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to let a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a new lift chair recliner or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used start at $250. New lift seats can be bought on Medicare part B for people and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same price as an used lift seat. Besides that, used lift seats seldom whereas a new one does carry a warranty. It really is recommended that you purchase a new entry level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in West Sacramento, CA
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example stair lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. The majority of the things are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise.