While being trapped in a wheelchair, either temporarily or permanently, isn’t a walk in the park, things don’t have to finish for the person in question. It’s still possible to live a relatively normal life, and we must acknowledge that a wheelchair gives you a portion of your liberty back. It might have been worse if there were not wheelchairs at all. But lucky for many people, they exist, and they have the potential of creating your life more bearable. Moreover, as technology advanced, wheelchairs are becoming better and better in providing freedom and support, so let us take a minute and be thankful for that.
Should you buy instead? Check the options below.
Wheelchair rental vs. purchase in Asheville, NC
While there are plenty of place in Asheville, NC where you could rent a wheelchair, I would advise against it. There are a couple reasons for that you must buy instead of lease, and I will list a few of them, simply to offer you a clearer image.
- It’s money out the window — paying rent for a chair in Asheville, NC may not be much, but as soon as the numbers accumulate, you will see that buying one is a lot better. Wheelchair rental companies will charge you an amount of money at the beginning of your contract, and then you will have to pay a fee for every single day or week of usage, based on the business. Delivery and pick-up will be charged extra, so remember about that. The whole amount will be dependent on just how far you use the chair. As a result, in the end of your contract, then you will end up with a massive bill that will make you regret that you did not purchase a wheelchair at the first location. And should you buy a wheelchair and you also just take good care of this, you may sell it back at a fair price. That’s if you don’t need it anymore. If you are permanently disabled, automobile leasing shouldn’t even be an alternative.
- What you need may not be available — as you can imagine, there are several kinds of wheelchairs, along with your condition may demand a specific kind. On the other hand, the wheelchair rental company might not have what you need in stock, and so you will end up in a chair which is not suggested for you. Your only choice is to accept what it’s given, and which could possibly be bad for you. However, if you buy a new wheelchair, you can choose exactly what you need, and everybody is happy. Keep in mind that your relaxation and stability will be the number one priority. It can prove to be inconvenient to settle for something you don’t need. By way of example, let’s say that you will need a wheelchair using fixed armrests, however, the leasing company doesn’t have one in stock. What do you do? Nothing, as you have no options.
- You may get somebody else’s busted wheelchair — do you believe that wheelchair rental companies have fresh wheelchairs in stock? No, some of them are damaged. Not seriously, but they might have a crooked wheel or a rickety armrest. You might not want that? Is not it best if you buy a new chair and everything is as it needs to be? I think that it is, and accepting a person’s leftovers is not nice, to say the very least.
- You may lose your deposit — once you choose wheelchair leasing, you can lose your deposit at the lowest scratch. Accidents occur, and if they do using a leased seat, you will have to pay for it one way or another. Who needs that anxiety?
The motives mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg, and surely you will find more. That is why I believe it is best if you get a wheelchair and neglect everything about wheelchair rental.
anybody who’s searching for a wheelchair in Asheville, NC is worried about the purchase price. The wheelchair price is something that could ascertain whether you will buy a specific thing or not. One thing is for certain, though. Rates can vary from 80$ (the simple ones) into 12.000$ (the ones that could raise you up.) Everyone will pick according to budget, however, quality is at least as important as everybody else.
Most individuals, not just the ones in Asheville, NC, don’t like to devote considerable amounts of money to get a wheelchair. Yes, there are individuals who can afford to buy an extremely expensive wheelchair, but that is past the point. Nevertheless, you can find some inexpensive products that are of high quality. And by cheap I mean that a couple hundreds of dollars. On the other hand, a wheelchair over 1000$ can have incredible features like elevating footrests and whatnot. At the price, even electrical wheelchairs are an alternative. The major idea is to not think just of wheelchair price, but your comfort and mobility also. Keep in mind that a wheelchair is meant to give back your liberty. It is not the opportunity to really go in market mode.
Wheelchair weight is much more important than you believe. It will influence your freedom considerably. The objective of a wheelchair is to move about with ease. In case you go for a thick wheelchair, that is not going to occur, can it be? In case you have a job, or you like to maneuver around the area a lot, you want a wheelchair that’s lightweight, especially in the event that you have no one to drive you.
The wheelchair weight is determined by the materials where the chair is constructed. Naturally, you need a sturdy metal that produces the chair durable, but in precisely the same time, you need a lightweight metal, such as aluminum. It’s possible to go for hybrids as well, but they have a tendency to be costlier than alloys. In the end of the afternoon, it is you who makes the budget. But, keep in mind that your meal weight is among those factors you want to consider before making a buy. Otherwise, you can experience muscular strain and exhaustion, which you don’t need.
when you purchase a wheelchair, then you should also consider the accessories you need for this. What it’s sure is that you will need a few things that will improve your mobility, and let’s not forget about relaxation. Keeping that in mind, here are the most usual accessories you may need.
for a result from sitting in a wheelchair, you can suffer with pressure sores, skin ulcers, reduce back pain, tailbone pain, plus a couple more. However, a wheelchair pillow will change that. There are many models you can buy, and if you do not know what to Search for, here are your choices:
- Foam cushions — they are the most frequently bought since they are the cheapest. While routine foam is relatively comfortable, my advice would be to proceed with memory foam if you’re looking for a reasonable solution. High-density foams will keep their shape for more, they will choose the shape of your entire body, and so far as comfort goes, you will enjoy plenty. However, the disadvantage with foam wheelchair cushions is that they wear fairly quickly, and you’ll have to buy a new one fairly soon.
- Gel cushions — gel cushions nevertheless have a foam base, but there is gel bladder somewhere in the center that will protect against pressure sores greater than polyurethane. A great deal of individuals purchase this and announce themselves fulfilled. They can assist you with your position, and you will not experience pain in your lower spine and tailbone. The drawback with this kind is that they tend to bottom-out. The answer to that is to knead it at least once a day.
- Air flotation cushion — I suppose you can imagine how this pillow works. There is a balloon system that after inflated, it will provide the comfort you want. It is possible to adjust the pressure points if you want, but maintaining such a cushion may prove hard. Just like any other balloon, then they could escape air.
- Urethane honeycomb — Last but not least, urethane honeycomb is the latest technology in futon cushions. That’s because that a urethane honeycomb pillow is composed of numerous different cells. In terms of comfort and support, this kind is fantastic. Additionally, the air can circulate freely between the cells, which means that warmth retention is impossible. Because of all those features, and because there are not any drawbacks whatsoever, this sort of cushion is easily the most expensive of them all.
Access points are critical for someone who’s bound to a wheelchair. You need one to get outside and in the home, you require one in the office, and anywhere you go. Lucky for disabled people, it’s the law to install a wheelchair ramp in every public area. However, the one that you need in your home has to be set up by you.
Surely you can come across ramps in Asheville, NC, and truth be told, they are not very costly. However, you will need someone to put in it to you since I don’t think you can handle it yourself. 1 aspect which you need to be cautious about is your wheelchair ramp slope. You want it to be comfortable for you to use. If the angle is too high, that might be difficult for you to move up, and quite a low angle requires quite the distance for your ramp, which again, it is not suitable. Putting a wheelchair ramp slope is simple, and you should buy a ramp so.
Storing your wheelchair properly is among the matters you should concern yourself with. The better you maintain the seat, the further long-lasting it’s going to be. Whenever you don’t use it, make sure that the wheelchair is stored in a dry and clean location. But, you may always get a wheelchair cover to help with that. It’s not expensive, and it will keep your chair clean.
Transport is yet another substantial aspect if you’re in a wheelchair. After all, you cannot live in a one-mile radius for the rest of your life. Luckily, you’ve got loads of choices. To start with, you may use a bus. The vehicle is equipped with a lifting system which can allow you to enter and exit the vehicle. It is quite convenient, and if this kind of car is custom made (all the times) and maybe a bit pricey, it is going to improve your mobility. And then let’s not forget about your sanity. In the event you remain isolated, then you are able to go through depression. A wheelchair van will make possible for you to get out of your comfort zone and interact more.
moreover, if you prefer to travel regardless of your handicap, you can use a wheelchair RV. It’s pretty much the exact same as the automobile van, however instead of a car, you get an RV. You may travel anywhere you want, and you have the assistance you need to get in and outside of the car or truck. A wheelchair RV is unquestionably the best method of traveling for a handicapped person.
Enjoy your lifetime
Surviving isn’t living, so remember to delight in everything on your daily life. There are a great deal of means of entertaining you can try. It’s possible to take up a hobby or play a game. Were you aware you could play with dinner football? It resembles regular soccer, except that you’ll be transferring the ball in your brakes. You ought to think about it.
If wheelchair football isn’t your cup of java, it is possible to combine a wheelchair football team. Certainly there are a few roughly Asheville, NC. Their sports events are enjoyable, and you can enjoy yourself a fantastic deal. And of course that you get to exercise. Everything you need to remember is that you can keep yourself amused. All You’ve Got to do is find some tasks for disabled people in Asheville, NC and then combine.
Once you become accustomed to it, a wheelchair will become a part of you. You will find out how to live your own life in it, and you will be more than fine. However, ensure that you make an educated choice when you buy a wheelchair. Also, do not forget about the accessories, and get your self the ideal wheelchair you are able to spend. After all, this is your freedom we’re talking about, and you deserve the very best.