While being stuck in a wheelchair, either temporarily or permanently, is not a walk in the park, items do not need to stop for the individual in question. It’s still possible to live a relatively normal life, and we must admit that a wheelchair gives you a portion of your independence back. It could have been worse if there weren’t wheelchairs whatsoever. However, lucky for many folks, they exist, and they have the potential of creating your life more bearable. Additionally, as technology advanced, wheelchairs have become better and better at providing mobility and support, so let’s take a minute and be grateful for this.
Should you buy instead? Check the options below.
Wheelchair rental vs. purchase in Hattiesburg, MS
Even though there are loads of place in Hattiesburg, MS where you could lease a wheelchair, I’d recommend against it. There are a few reasons for that you should buy rather than rent, and I will record a few of them, merely to offer you a clearer image.
- It is money out the window — paying rent for a chair in Hattiesburg, MS may not be a lot, but when the numbers add up, you will see that purchasing one is a whole lot better. Wheelchair rental companies will charge you an amount of money at the start of your contract, and after that you’ll have to pay a fee for each day or a week of use, depending on the business. Delivery and pickup will be billed extra, so remember about that. The complete amount will be dependent on how much you use the chair. Consequently, in the conclusion of your contract, then you are going to get a enormous bill which will make you regret that you didn’t get a wheelchair in the first place. And if you purchase a wheelchair and you just take good care of it, you can sell it back at a fair price. That is if you do not need it anymore. If you are permanently disabled, automobile leasing should not even be an alternative.
- You may not get what you want — there’s more than 1 type of wheelchairs, and you might need a specific model. Let’s say that you need one with foot rests, however, those that are offered for lease won’t provide exactly what you want. Do not settle and proceed with what you find. It’s wise for those who listen to your physician and purchase exactly what you require. Settling may cause additional annoyance, and the aim is to escape that chair as soon as possible. If eliminating the seat isn’t a possibility, then you want to spend your days in a seat that provides maximum comfort and stability. Otherwise, you would not buy a wheelchair in the first location.
- You won’t receive a new wheelchair — wheelchair rental businesses provide chairs for everyone, so if anyone breaks you, it is going to be ‘adjusted’ and put back in inventory. However, some harms cannot be undone, and you might wake up having a busted chair. It might not be serious, but a bent wheel can be quite inconvenient. You do not want for this, do you? A new chair includes its integrity intact, and that is exactly what you ought to need for. After all, using something which somebody else broke should not be an alternative for you.
- You might lose your deposit — once you choose wheelchair leasing, you might lose your deposit at the lowest scratch. Accidents happen, and should they do with a rented chair, you will have to pay for it one way or the other. Who wants that stress?
The motives mentioned above are just the tip of this iceberg, and surely you will find more. That is why I feel it is best if you get a wheelchair and neglect everything about automobile rental.
Budgeting is a component of everybody’s life, and also wheelchair price is an essential aspect when you buy one. I don’t understand what would be the wheelchair prices in Hattiesburg, MS, but they are able to begin from 80$ (non refundable) and reach as large as 12.000percent, meaning very top of the lineup and also have all types of features. While cost is important, do not forget to add quality at the equation. I know that you may reside on a budget, however, comfort is more important in this instance.
Many folks in Hattiesburg, MS prevent spending a lot of money on a cubicle. That is unless they are easily able to manage it. However, while you can find high quality wheelchairs that cost a few hundred dollars, spending over a million dollars may bring you several advantages like elevating footrests, or even an electric wheelchair that is able to enable you to get up this mountain. The purpose is that the longer you invest, the more benefits you can enjoy. After all, the wheelchair is the way to independence. It’s not the second to be a cheapskate.
Shed weight is more significant than you think. It will influence your freedom considerably. The purpose of a wheelchair would be to move around with ease. If you go for a heavy wheelchair, that is not going to happen, can it be? When you have a job, or you want to move around the neighborhood a whole lot, you need a wheelchair that’s lightweight, particularly in the event you have no one to drive one.
The wheelchair weight is determined by the materials where the chair is built. Naturally, you need a sturdy metal that produces the seat durable, but in the exact same time, you want a lightweight metal, like aluminum. It’s possible to go for hybrids also, but they are inclined to be more expensive than alloys. At the conclusion of the day, it is you who makes the budget. However, keep in mind that wheelchair weight is among the factors you will need to take into account before making a buy. Otherwise, you are able to experience muscle strain and fatigue, which you don’t require.
Wheelchair accessories have been created for the comfort and advantage. There are a few things you can buy along with your wheelchair, and here are the most frequently employed.
Sitting in a cubicle all day long can cause pressure sores, skin disorders, poor posture, plus far more. You want your spine and tailbone to become presentable, which explains precisely why a wheelchair pillow is more than necessary. You can choose from a vast selection of cocktail lounges, but if you do not know which sort to pick, here are a couple of piece of advice you should know:
- Foam cushions — they’re the most commonly bought because they’re the least expensive. While routine foam is relatively comfy, my advice would be to go with memory foam if you are searching for a reasonable solution. High-density foams will keep their shape for more, they will choose the shape of your entire body, and so far as comfort goes, you’ll enjoy lots. On the other hand, the drawback with foam wheelchair cushions is that they wear fairly quickly, and you will have to buy a new one pretty soon.
- Gel cushions — Just as the name implies, a gel pillow consists of a foam base and a gel bladder at the middle. People who have used gel and foam say that gel cushions are better for pressure sores, which can be something which each wheelchair user wants. Moreover, gel is designed to assist you with maintaining a wholesome posture, and you will be pain-free in your lower back and tailbone. On the other hand, just like anything else, there is a disadvantage to this kind of cushions as well. Gel bottoms-out, but kneading the pillow once daily may prevent that from happening anytime soon.
- Air flotation cushion — I suppose you can imagine how this pillow works. There is a balloon system which once inflated, it is going to provide the comfort you want. You’re able to adjust the pressure points if you want, but keeping such a cushion may prove hard. Just like any other balloon, they can escape air.
- Urethane honeycomb — this is the best that you can buy, but urethane honeycomb futon cushions are quite pricey. The pillow is made of many individual cells which can provide excellent support. The air circulates within the cushion easily, which excludes the possibility of heat retention. As far as wheelchair cushions move, urethane honeycomb is the best money can purchase.
Only a person who is bound to a wheelchair can comprehend the importance of a wheelchair ramp. The absence of accessibility is a true obstacle for a handicapped person, which explains the reason why it is a great thing that all public spaces are bound by law to install wheelchair ramps. Nevertheless, you should put in one at your house too.
I am confident that you can discover a number of shops in Hattiesburg, MS that sell wheelchair ramps. Lucky for you, they are not too expensive, but you will need someone to install it. However, make sure that you opt for the wheelchair ramp slope you’re familiar with. You don’t need the angle to be too high since that is likely to produce the scale tough for you. An angle that’s too low is not good either because it occupies too much space. I guess that the ideal wheelchair ramp slope depends on the individual and her or his body power. Just remember to think about it when you purchase your ramp.
Wheelchair covers are made to keep your seat away from dust or other elements. Maintenance is a considerable aspect when it comes to a wheelchair’s life span, which is the reason you will need to have all probable precautions to take good care of it. A wheelchair cover is going to do precisely that. It isn’t really expensive if that’s what’s in your head
Transportation is yet another substantial aspect if you are in a wheelchair. After all, you cannot reside in a one-mile radius for the remainder of your life. Luckily, you have a lot of alternatives. First of all, you may use a bus. The automobile is equipped with a lifting system which will allow you to enter and exit the vehicle. It is very convenient, and while such a vehicle is custom made (most of the times) and maybe a bit pricey, it is going to enhance your mobility. And let’s not forget about your sanity. In the event you remain isolated, you are able to go through melancholy. A wheelchair van is likely to make possible that you get out of your comfort zone and then socialize more.
When traveling is what it is you’re into, you may pick a wheelchair RV. It’s the same elevating system like the wheelchair van, however you could also reside in it while on your journey. I think that to get a handicapped person, a wheelchair RV is the best means of transportation while on holiday.
Love your life
While I know it is not easy to live in a wheelchair that does not mean your life is finished. You can do lots of other items to keep yourself entertained, and you may still be a productive part of society. You can always have hobbies and whatnot. For example, you can play wheelchair football, that is very popular nowadays. It’s pretty similar to regular football, but instead of running after the fall, you chase it while still on wheels. Wheelchair soccer is definitely something you need to think about.
If futon soccer isn’t your cup of java, it is possible to join a wheelchair football team. Surely you will find a few roughly Hattiesburg, MS. Their sport events are enjoyable, and you can appreciate yourself a excellent deal. Not to mention that you get to exercise. What you need to remember is that it is possible to keep yourself amused. All you have to do is find several tasks for handicapped people in Hattiesburg, MS and combine.
After you get accustomed to it, then a wheelchair will get a part of you. You are going to learn how to live your own life inside, and you will be more than fine. Nonetheless, make sure that you make an informed decision when you purchase a wheelchair. Also, remember about the accessories, and buy your self the best wheelchair you are able to afford. After all, this can be your freedom we’re talking about, and you deserve the best.