Those who are trapped in wheelchairs fight with their own lives. When it’s a temporary or permanent state, residing in a seat isn’t fine to say the very least, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that you cannot do about the same things regular people do. You still have a life before you, along with a chair makes it possible to regain some of your independence. I suppose it’d have been more dreadful if wheelchairs didn’t come into life. But they failed, and your life will be simpler for it. And of course that thanks to technological advancement, wheelchairs have improved substantially through the years. They supply excellent comfort and freedom, something you may be thankful for.
Should you buy instead? Check the options below.
Wheelchair rental vs. purchase in Jonesboro, AR
Even though there are plenty of location in Jonesboro, AR at which you can rent a wheelchair, I’d advise against it. There are a number of reasons for which you must buy instead of rent, and I am going to record a few of them, just to give you a clearer picture.
- It is money out the window — paying rent for a seat in Jonesboro, AR may not be a lot, but when the numbers add up, you are going to understand that buying one is a lot better. Wheelchair rental companies will charge you an amount of money at the start of your contract, and you’ll need to pay a fee for each and every day or a week of usage, based on the company. Delivery and pickup will be billed extra, so remember about that. The whole amount will be dependent on how much you use the seat. Consequently, at the end of your contract, you are going to end up with a massive bill that will make you regret that you didn’t get a wheelchair in the first place. And should you purchase a wheelchair and you also just take good care of this, you can sell it back at a fair price. That’s if you do not need it anymore. If you’re permanently disabled, automobile leasing should not even be an option.
- What you need might not be accessible — as you can imagine, there are several types of wheelchairs, along with your condition may demand a particular kind. On the other hand, the wheelchair leasing company may not have everything you need in stock, so you will wind up in a seat that isn’t recommended for you. Your only solution is to take what it’s given, and which might be bad for you. But should you purchase a new wheelchair, then you can select exactly what you require, and everybody is happy. Bear in mind that your relaxation and stability would be your number one priority. It can end up being inconvenient to settle for something you do not require. As an example, let’s say that you want a wheelchair with fixed armrests, however the rental company does not have one in stock. What should you do? Nothing, since you don’t have any options.
- You might get someone else’s busted wheelchair — Would you think that wheelchair rental businesses have brand new wheelchairs in stock? No, a number of them are damaged. Not severely, but they might have a crooked wheel or even a rickety armrest. You might not want that? Is not it best should you purchase a new seat and everything is as it should be? I think it is, and accepting someone’s leftovers is not fine, to say the very least.
- You might wake up with some additional charges — when you lease a seat, the product is the duty, so in the event that you scratch it or cause any harm (regardless of how small and insignificant,) you will pay for it. You might lose your deposit or whatever policy the wheelchair rental company has. The point is that accidents could occur, however, you should not live with this stress in mind
These are merely a couple reasons why I believe that wheelchair leasing is poor to purchase, but surely in the event that you think about it, you can return with more.
Anyone who’s looking for a wheelchair in Jonesboro, AR is worried about the cost. The wheelchair price is something that could determine whether you will buy a specific thing or not. 1 thing is for sure, however. Prices may vary from 80$ (the basic ones) to 12.000$ (the ones who can lift you up.) Everyone will pick based on funding, however, quality is equally as important as everything else.
Most individuals, not just the ones at Jonesboro, AR, don’t like to spend large amounts of money on a wheelchair. Yes, there are those who can afford to buy an extremely expensive wheelchair, but that is past the point. Nevertheless, it is possible to get some cheap products which are of top quality. And by cheap I suggest a few hundreds of dollars. On the flip side, a wheelchair more than 1000$ could have amazing features like elevating footrests and whatnot. At that price, even electric wheelchairs are still an option. The principal idea is to not think just of wheelchair price, but your comfort and mobility too. Bear in mind that a wheelchair is intended to give back your freedom. It is not the opportunity to go in market mode.
Many of you that are looking for the ideal wheelchair should know that weight is significant. The wheelchair weight will determine how easy you go around. Another factor you want to consider is how much you are going to move. If you have a job, as an instance, you may need to move a long time, meaning a thick wheelchair will make that a little bit difficult for you, especially if you intend on having no aid.
The wheelchair weight is dictated by the materials used for the structure. Lucky for you, there are lightweight materials out there that can be as durable as possible. Take aluminum, for example. It’s a hard metal, but really lightweight. Hybrids are also an alternative, but they are somewhat costly. Alloys, on the other hand, are among the least expensive materials. Finally, the choice is yours, and you might base your choice based upon your budget. However, do not forget that wheelchair weight is something that you need to bear in mind before purchasing a specific product. After all, you’re the person who will push it around all day long.
when you purchase a wheelchair, then you should also think about the accessories you require for it. What it’s certain is that you need a few things that will enhance your mobility, and let’s not forget about comfort. Keeping that in mind, here are the most common accessories that you may need.
Sitting in a cubicle all day long may cause pressure sores, skin ulcers, bad posture, plus far more. You need your spine and tailbone to become pain-free, which is why a wheelchair cushion is much more than required. You can pick from a huge variety of cocktail lounges, but if you don’t know which sort to select, here are a few bit of information you should know:
- Foam cushions — Foam is the most common substance used in wheelchair cushions. It is most likely because foam is less expensive than other substances. However, high-density foam is much far better than normal foam. I suppose you have learned of memory foam. It provides maximum comfort, it will aid with pressure sores, also it takes the shape of your entire body. However, foam cushions are vulnerable to wear and tear much quicker than other substances. They do not last very long, especially if they are in use every day.
- Gel cushions — gel cushions nevertheless have a foam base, but there’s gel bladder someplace in the middle that will prevent pressure sores better than polyurethane. A great deal of people purchase this and admit themselves satisfied. They can help you with your posture, and you will not experience pain in your lower back and tailbone. The drawback with this kind is that they have a tendency to bottom-out. The solution to this would be to knead it at least one time every day.
- Air flotation cushion — In case you do not know what that is, let me inform you. An air flotation cushion is made up of a certain number of balloons that inflate to keep you at a comfortable and healthy position. You’ve got the possibility of adjusting the pressure points by tying a couple of balloons to stop them from inflating. The only downside of this sort of cushions will be maintenance. After all, we are discussing balloons. They could flow air, and you need to fix that when and if it happens.
- Urethane honeycomb — Last but not least, urethane honeycomb is the latest technology in wheelchair cushions. That is because a urethane honeycomb pillow is composed of numerous cells. As for comfort and support, this kind is amazing. In addition, the air can circulate freely between both cells, meaning that warmth retention is impossible. Due to all those features, and because there are not any drawbacks whatsoever, this sort of pillow is the most expensive of them all.
Access factors are essential for someone who’s bound to a wheelchair. You need one to get out and inside the house, you require one in the office, and anywhere you go. Lucky for handicapped folks, it’s the law to install a wheelchair ramp in every public area. However, the one you want at home needs to be set up by you.
Surely you can come across drops at Jonesboro, AR, and truth be told, they aren’t too expensive. But you require a person to install it to you because I don’t believe you can manage it yourself. One aspect that you will need to be careful about is the wheelchair ramp incline. You want it to be comfortable that you use. If the angle is too high, that might be difficult for you to go up, and quite a low angle requires quite the distance for your ramp, which again, it isn’t suitable. Establishing a wheelchair ramp slope is easy, and you should purchase a ramp accordingly.
Wheelchair covers are specially designed to keep your chair away from dust or other elements. Care is a substantial aspect in regards to a wheelchair’s life span, which is the reason you need to have all probable precautions to take decent care of this. A wheelchair cover is going to do exactly that. It is not really expensive if that’s what is on your mind.
Transportation is yet another substantial aspect if you’re in a wheelchair. In the end, you can’t live at a one-mile radius for the rest of your life. Fortunately, you have plenty of options. First of all, you may use a wheelchair van. The automobile has a lifting system that will help you enter and exit the vehicle. It is extremely convenient, and while such a vehicle is custom made (most of the instances) and perhaps somewhat expensive, it will enhance your mobility. And let’s not forget on your sanity. If you stay isolated, you are able to go through melancholy. A wheelchair van is likely to make possible for you to get out of your comfort zone and then socialize more.
Also, if you like to travel regardless of your disability, you can use a wheelchair RV. It’s pretty much the same since the automobile van, but rather than a vehicle, you receive an RV. You may travel anywhere you want, and you receive the help you will need to have in and outside of their automobile. A wheelchair RV is undoubtedly the best method of travel for a handicapped individual.
Love your life
While I am aware that it is a challenge to live in a wheelchair that does not mean your life is over. You can do lots of other items to keep yourself amused, and you can still be a successful part of society. You can always have hobbies and whatnot. By way of instance, you may play with wheelchair football, which is quite popular today. It’s pretty similar to regular soccer, but instead of running after the fall, you chase it while on wheels. Wheelchair football is definitely something you should consider.
If wheelchair football isn’t your cup of tea, it is possible to join a wheelchair basketball team. Certainly you will find a few around Jonesboro, AR. Their sports events are fun, and you’ll be able to appreciate yourself a fantastic thing. Not to mention that you get to exercise. Everything you want to bear in mind is that it is possible to keep yourself amused. All you have to do is find several tasks for handicapped people in Jonesboro, AR and combine.
Once you become accustomed to it, then a wheelchair will become a part of you. You will learn how to live your life inside, and you will be more than nice. However, ensure that you make an educated decision when you purchase a wheelchair. Also, do not forget about the accessories, and get yourself the best wheelchair you are able to afford. After all, this is the freedom we are talking about, and you deserve the best.