People who are trapped in wheelchairs struggle with their own lives. Whether it’s a temporary or permanent state, living in a seat is not nice to say the least, but it doesn’t mean that you cannot do about the same things regular folks do. You still have a lifetime in front of you, along with a seat makes it possible to recover some of your liberty. I suppose it would have been more dreadful if wheelchairs did not come into life. However, they did, and your life will be simpler for it. And of course that thanks to technological advancement, wheelchairs have improved substantially through the years. They provide excellent comfort and mobility, something which you may be grateful for.
Should you buy instead? Check the options below.
Wheelchair rental vs. purchase in Santa Clarita, CA
Even though there are lots of location in Santa Clarita, CA at which you could rent a wheelchair, I’d recommend against it. There are a few reasons for that you must buy rather than lease, and I will record a few of them, simply to give you a clearer picture.
- This is a waste of money — leasing a wheelchair in Santa Clarita, CA may not appear expensive at first, but when the bill rises up, you might wind up rather than buying one at the first location. The business that rents wheelchairs will request an initial charge, and you’ll be charged periodically, depending on how long you need the chair for. In addition, remember about pick-up and delivery. Why would you spend all that cash when you can buy one on your own? If you maintain it correctly, after you’re finished with it, you are able to save it in a fantastic price. Should you will need a wheelchair on a more permanent basis, rental is from the question, but you see my point.
- You may not get what you want — there’s more than one type of wheelchairs, and you may require a particular model. Let us say that you need one with foot rests, however, the ones which are available for rental will not provide what you want. Don’t settle and go with what you’ll find. It is wise if you listen to your health care provider and purchase precisely what you need. Settling can cause additional annoyance, and the purpose is to get out of that chair as soon as possible. If getting rid of the chair isn’t a potential, then you want to spend your days at a chair that offers maximum stability and comfort. Otherwise, you would not get a wheelchair at the first location.
- You might get someone else’s busted wheelchair — Would you believe that wheelchair rental businesses have brand new wheelchairs in stock? No, a number of them are damaged. Not seriously, but they may have a crooked wheel or even a rickety armrest. You might not want that? Isn’t it best should you get a new chair and everything is as it should be? I think it is, and taking a person’s leftovers is not pleasant, to say the very least.
- You might wake up with some additional charges — if you lease a seat, the product is the responsibility, so if you scrape it or cause any harm (regardless of how little and insignificant,) you will pay for it. You may lose your deposit or anything policy the wheelchair rental firm has. The point is that accidents could happen, but you shouldn’t live with this strain in your mind.
These are only a few reasons why I think that wheelchair leasing is poor to buy, but surely if you consider it, you can return with more.
Budgeting is a component of everybody’s life, and also wheelchair price is a very important aspect when you purchase one. I don’t understand what are the wheelchair prices in Santa Clarita, CA, but they can start from 80$ (non refundable) and reach as high as 12.000$, meaning very top of the line and have all kinds of features. While price is important, remember to add quality from the equation. I understand that you might live in a budget, but comfort is more significant in this instance.
Most people, not just the ones in Santa Clarita, CA, do not like to devote large quantities of money to get a wheelchair. Yes, there are individuals who can afford to buy a very expensive wheelchair, but this is past the point. Even so, you’ll find some affordable products which are of top quality. And by cheap I suggest that a couple hundreds of dollars. On the flip side, a wheelchair more than 1000$ could have incredible attributes like elevating footrests and whatnot. At the price, even electrical wheelchairs are an alternative. The most important idea is not to think just of wheelchair cost, but your comfort and freedom also. Bear in mind that a wheelchair is supposed to give back your freedom. It is not the time to go in market mode.
Shed weight is more important than you believe. It will impact your mobility considerably. The purpose of a wheelchair is to move about with ease. In case you opt for a heavy wheelchair, that isn’t about to occur, is it? If you have work, or you want to move around the area a great deal, you will need a wheelchair that’s lightweight, particularly in the event that you’ve got no one to drive you.
The wheelchair weight is set by the materials from which the seat is built. Naturally, you will need a sturdy metal which produces the seat durable, but in exactly the exact same time, you want a lightweight metal, like aluminum. It’s possible to opt for hybrids as well, but they tend to be more expensive than alloys. In the close of the evening, it is you who makes the budget. But, keep in mind that your meal weight is among those factors you want to take into account prior to making a purchase. Otherwise, you are able to experience muscular strain and fatigue, which you do not need.
When you buy a wheelchair, you should also think about the accessories that you will need for it. What it’s certain is that you need a couple of things that will improve your mobility, and let’s not forget about comfort. Keeping that in mind, here are the most frequent accessories that you will need.
As a result from sitting in a wheelchair, you may suffer from pressure sores, skin ulcers, and reduce back pain, tailbone pain, and a few more. But a wheelchair pillow will alter that. There are many versions you can buy, and if you do not know what to look for, here are some options:
- Foam cushions — they are the most commonly bought since they’re the cheapest. While regular foam is comparatively comfy, my advice would be to go with memory foam if you are looking for an affordable solution. High-density foams will keep their shape for more, they will choose the form of your body, and as far as comfort goes, you’ll enjoy lots. On the other hand, the disadvantage with cushioned cushions is that they wear fairly quickly, and you’ll need to buy a new one pretty soon.
- Gel cushions — Just as its name implies, a gel cushion consists of a foam base and a gel bladder in the middle. Those who have used gel and foam state that gel cushions are far better for pressure sores, and it can be something which each and every wheelchair user wants. Moreover, gel is designed to help you with maintaining a wholesome posture, and you will be pain-free on your lower back and tailbone. On the other hand, exactly like anything else, there’s a disadvantage to this sort of cushions too. Gel bottoms-out, but kneading the pillow once per day can prevent that from happening anytime soon.
- Air flotation pillow — In case you don’t know what that is, allow me to inform you. An air flotation pillow consists of a certain number of balloons that match to keep you in a comfortable and healthy position. You have the prospect of adjusting the pressure points by attaching a couple of balloons to prevent them from inflating. The only downside of this sort of cushions is upkeep. After all, we are discussing balloons. They are able to escape air, and you need to fix that if and when it occurs.
- Urethane honeycomb — Last however, urethane honeycomb is the most recent technologies in wheelchair cushions. That is because that a urethane honeycomb pillow is made of numerous different cells. In terms of comfort and support, this kind is great. Moreover, the air may circulate freely between both cells, which means that warmth retention is impossible. Due to all those attributes, and since there are no drawbacks whatsoever, this kind of cushion has become easily the most expensive of them all.
Just a person who’s bound to a wheelchair can understand the importance of a wheelchair ramp. The absence of accessibility is a true obstacle for a disabled person, which is the reason why it is a good thing that many public spaces are bound by law to install wheelchair ramps. Nevertheless, you should install one at your house as well.
Certainly you may discover ramps in Santa Clarita, CA, and truth be told, they are not too expensive. But you require a person to install it for you since I do not think you can handle it yourself. One aspect which you will need to be careful about is the wheelchair ramp incline. You want it to be comfortable for you to use. If the angle is too high, that may be challenging for you to move up, and a very low angle requires quite the distance for your ramp, which again, it is not convenient. Placing a wheelchair ramp slope is simple, and you need to buy a ramp accordingly.
Keeping your wheelchair correctly is among those things you must be conscious of. The greater you keep the seat, the further durable it’ll be. If you don’t use it, then make sure that the wheelchair is kept in a clean and dry place. But, you can always purchase a wheelchair cover to aid with this. It’s not expensive, and it will continue to keep your seat tidy.
The ability to go from point A to point B is yet another important aspect. Just because you are in a wheelchair doesn’t necessarily mean that you can move just around your home or neighborhood. Lucky for you, there are a few things that you may try. For one, you can use a wheelchair van. It’s an elevating system that can make entering and exiting the car comparatively simple. Such a car might be a bit costly, but it is going to assist you with your freedom on extended distances. You’re able to go out and socialize more. It’ll keep you apart from melancholy.
furthermore, if you want to travel in spite of your disability, you can use a wheelchair RV. It’s pretty much the exact same since the wheelchair van, but instead of a vehicle, you receive an RV. You can travel anywhere you need, and you have the help you need to get in and out of the automobile. A wheelchair RV is most certainly the best means of travel for a disabled person.
Remember to reside
Surviving isn’t living, so remember to enjoy everything on your daily life. You will find tons of ways of entertaining that you can test out. You can take up a hobby or play a game. Did you know you could play with wheelchair football? It resembles regular soccer, except that you’ll be moving the ball in your brakes. You should consider it.
If you do not like wheelchair football, you can always play some wheelchair basketball. Certainly there are wheelchair basketball clubs at Santa Clarita, CA, and also individuals who attend these sports events usually have plenty of fun. Who says that individual can’t be you. The point is that you can have fun no matter what state you’re in. All you need to do is search for means of amusement for disabled folks in Santa Clarita, CA, and certainly your hunt will come up with something. Enjoy your own life! It is worth living it.
After you become used to it, then a wheelchair will become a part of you. You are going to find out how to live your life in it, and you’ll be more than fine. Nonetheless, ensure that you make an informed choice when you purchase a wheelchair. Also, do not forget about the accessories, and buy yourself the ideal wheelchair you can spend. After all, this is your freedom we are talking about, and you deserve the very best.