While being trapped in a wheelchair, permanently or temporarily, isn’t a walk in the park, things don’t need to finish for the individual in question. It’s still possible to live a relatively normal life, and we have to admit that a wheelchair gives you a part of your independence back. It might have been worse when there were not wheelchairs in any way. However, lucky for many people, they exist, and they have the potential of making your life more bearable. Additionally, as technology progressed, wheelchairs are becoming better and better in providing support and mobility, so let’s take a minute and be grateful for that.
Should you buy instead? Check the options below.
Wheelchair rental vs. purchase in Springfield, MA
Even though there are loads of location in Springfield, MA where you can rent a wheelchair, I would recommend against it. There are a couple of reasons for that you should buy instead of lease, and I will list a few of them, simply to give you a clearer picture.
- It is money from the window — paying rent for a seat in Springfield, MA may not be much, but when the figures add up, you will see that buying one is a lot better. Wheelchair rental companies will charge you an amount of money at the beginning of your contract, and then you will have to pay a commission for every single day or a week of use, based on the company. Delivery and pickup will be billed extra, so do not forget about that. The whole amount will be dependent on how far you use the chair. As a result, at the conclusion of your contract, you are likely to end up with a enormous bill which will make you regret that you did not purchase a wheelchair in the first place. And if you buy a wheelchair and you take very good care of this, you may sell it back at a reasonable price. That’s if you don’t need it anymore. If you’re permanently disabled, wheelchair rental shouldn’t even be an alternative.
- You may not get exactly what you want — there is more than 1 sort of wheelchairs, and you might need a specific model. Let’s say that you need one with foot rests, however, those that are offered for lease will not provide exactly what you need. Do not settle and proceed with what you find. It is better if you listen to your health care provider and purchase exactly what you require. Settling may cause additional inconvenience, and the objective is to escape that chair when possible. If eliminating the chair is not a possibility, then you have to devote your days in a chair that offers maximum comfort and stability. Otherwise, you wouldn’t buy a wheelchair at the first location.
- You will not get a brand new wheelchair — wheelchair rental businesses provide chairs for everyone, so if anyone breaks you, it will be ‘fixed’ and place back in stock. But some damages can’t be undone, and you may wake up having a busted chair. It may not be severe, but a bent wheel can be extremely inconvenient. You don’t want for that, do you really? A new seat comes with its integrity intact, and that is exactly what you should need for. After all, using something somebody else broke shouldn’t be an alternative for you.
- You might wake up with a few additional charges — if you lease a chair, the product is the duty, so in the event you scratch it or cause any damage (no matter how little and insignificant,) you are going to pay for it. You may lose your deposit or anything that policy the automobile rental firm has. The point is that accidents could happen, but you should not live with this strain on mind
These are merely a couple reasons why I think that wheelchair rental is inferior to purchase, but certainly in the event you think about it, you can come back with more.
anybody who’s looking for a wheelchair in Springfield, MA is concerned about the cost. The wheelchair price is something which can ascertain whether you may buy a specific thing or not. 1 thing is for certain, however. Prices can vary from 80$ (the basic ones) to 12.000$ (those who can raise you up.) Everybody will decide based on budget, however, quality is equally as important as everybody else.
Most individuals, not just the ones in Springfield, MA, do not like to spend considerable amounts of money on a wheelchair. Yes, there are individuals who can afford to get a very costly wheelchair, but that is past the point. Even so, you’ll find some affordable products which are of high quality. And by cheap I mean that a couple hundreds of dollars. On the flip side, a wheelchair more than 1000$ can have incredible features such as elevating footrests and whatnot. At the cost, even electric wheelchairs are still an alternative. The main idea is to not think only of wheelchair price, but also your comfort and freedom as well. Bear in mind that a wheelchair is meant to give back your liberty. It is not the opportunity to really go in economy mode.
Lots of you who are looking for the best wheelchair should know that weight is important. The wheelchair weight can determine how easy you go around. Another factor you will need to consider is how far you’re likely to move. In case you’ve got a job, by way of instance, you might have to move a long time, meaning a heavy wheelchair will make that a little bit difficult for you, especially in the event that you plan on with no help.
The wheelchair weight is determined by the materials from which the seat is built. Of course, you will need a sturdy metal that produces the chair durable, but at exactly the exact same time, you need a lightweight metal, like aluminum. You can go for hybrids also, but they tend to be more expensive than alloys. At the end of the evening, it’s you who makes the budget. However, bear in mind that your meal weight is among the factors you will need to take into account before making a purchase. Otherwise, you can experience muscular strain and exhaustion, which you don’t need.
when you purchase a wheelchair, then it’s also wise to think of the accessories that you need for it. What it’s sure is that you simply need a couple of things that will enhance your freedom, and let’s not forget about relaxation. With that in mind, here are the most common accessories that you may require.
for a result from sitting in a wheelchair, you may suffer from pressure sores, skin ulcers, lower back pain, tailbone pain, and a few more. But a wheelchair pillow will change that. There are many versions you can buy, and if you Don’t Know what to look for, then here are the options:
- Foam cushions — they are the most frequently bought because they’re the least expensive. While regular foam is comparatively comfy, my advice is to proceed with memory foam if you are looking for a reasonable solution. High-density foams will keep their shape for longer, they will take the form of your entire body, and as far as comfort goes, you’ll enjoy plenty. On the other hand, the drawback with foam wheelchair cushions is that they wear fairly fast, and you will have to buy a new one fairly soon.
- Gel cushions — Just as the name implies, a gel cushion is made up of foam base and a gel bladder at the middle. People who have used gel and foam state that gel cushions are better for pressure sores, and it is something that every wheelchair user needs. Moreover, gel is intended to help you with maintaining a wholesome position, and you’ll be pain-free in your lower spine and tailbone. On the flip side, just like anything else, there is a disadvantage to this kind of cushions also. Gel bottoms-out, but kneading the cushion once daily may stop that from happening anytime soon.
- Air flotation cushion — I assume you can guess how this cushion works. There’s a balloon system which once inflated, it is going to provide the comfort you need. You’re able to fix the pressure points if you want, but maintaining such a pillow may prove hard. Just like any other balloon, then they could leak air.
- Urethane honeycomb — Last but not least, urethane honeycomb is the newest technologies in wheelchair cushions. That is because a urethane honeycomb cushion is made of numerous individual cells. In terms of support and comfort, this type is great. Additionally, the air can circulate freely between both cells, which means that heat retention is hopeless. Because of all those features, and since there are no drawbacks whatsoever, this type of cushion has become the most expensive of all of them.
Access points are crucial for someone who is bound to a wheelchair. You need you to get out and in the house, you require one in the office, and everywhere you go. Lucky for disabled individuals, it’s the law to put in a wheelchair ramp in each public space. On the other hand, the one which you need at home needs to be installed by you.
I am sure that you can discover numerous stores in Springfield, MA which sell wheelchair ramps. Lucky for you, they are not so costly, however you need someone to put in it. Nevertheless, be certain that you decide on the wheelchair ramp slope you’re familiar with. You don’t want to have the angle to be too high since that will produce the climb hard for you. An angle that is too low isn’t good either since it occupies too much space. I guess that the ideal wheelchair ramp slope depends upon the person and their body power. Just remember to consider it once you buy your ramp.
Wheelchair covers are made to keep your chair away from dust or additional elements. Maintenance is a significant aspect when it comes to a wheelchair’s life span, and that explains why you have to take all possible precautions to take decent care of this. A wheelchair cover will do exactly that. It isn’t really expensive if that is what’s in your head
Transport is just another significant aspect if you are in a wheelchair. In the end, you can’t live in a one-mile radius for the rest of your life. Luckily, you have loads of options. To start with, you may use a bus. The automobile is equipped with a lifting system that will allow you to enter and exit your car. It is extremely convenient, and while such a car is custom made (most of the instances) and perhaps somewhat expensive, it will improve your mobility. And then let’s not forget on your sanity. In the event you stay isolated, you are able to go through melancholy. A wheelchair van will make possible that you get out of your comfort zone and then interact more.
furthermore, if you prefer to travel regardless of your handicap, you may use a wheelchair RV. It is pretty much the same as the automobile van, however rather than a vehicle, you receive an RV. You can travel anywhere you want, and you receive the assistance you want to get in and outside of their car or truck. A wheelchair RV is unquestionably the best method of travel for a disabled person.
Do not forget to live
While I know it’s a challenge to reside in a wheelchair that doesn’t mean your life is finished. You can do lots of other things to keep yourself amused, and you may still be a successful member of society. You can always have hobbies and whatnot. By way of instance, you may play wheelchair football, which is extremely popular nowadays. It is pretty much like regular football, but rather than running after the fall, you chase it on wheels. Wheelchair soccer is definitely something you should consider.
If wheelchair football isn’t your cup of java, you can combine a wheelchair football team. Surely you will find a few roughly Springfield, MA. Their sport events are fun, and you’ll be able to enjoy yourself a fantastic thing. And of course that you get to exercise. What you need to bear in mind is that it is possible to keep yourself amused. All you have to do is find some tasks for disabled people in Springfield, MA and combine.
After you become used to it, then a wheelchair will become a part of you. You will learn how to live your own life in it, and you will be more than nice. Nevertheless, make sure that you make an educated decision when you buy a wheelchair. In addition, do not forget about the accessories, and get the ideal wheelchair you can spend. After all, this can be your mobility we are discussing, and you deserve the very best.