While being trapped in a wheelchair, either permanently or temporarily, isn’t a stroll in the park, things do not need to stop for the person in question. It’s still possible to live a relatively normal life, and we must admit that a wheelchair gives you a part of your liberty back. It would have been worse when there weren’t wheelchairs in any way. But lucky for some individuals, they exist, and they have the capacity of making your life more bearable. Additionally, as technology progressed, wheelchairs have become better and better at providing mobility and support, so let’s take a moment and be grateful for that.
Should you buy instead? Check the options below.
Wheelchair rental vs. purchase in Wichita, KS
Surely there are enough places in Wichita, KS from where you can rent a wheelchair. However, I don’t think that is the best idea. It’s ideal to purchase a wheelchair for many factors. If you don’t understand what I am referring to, here are a number of explanations for why wheelchair rental is inferior to buying one.
- It is a waste of money — leasing a wheelchair in Wichita, KS may not seem expensive initially, but when the bill rises up, you might wind up regretting not buying one at the first place. The business that rents wheelchairs will request a first charge, and then you will be charged occasionally, depending on how long you will need the seat for. Also, remember about pick-up and delivery. Why would you invest all that cash as soon as you can buy one for yourself? If you keep it correctly, after you’re done with it, then you can save it in a good price. Should you will need a wheelchair on a more permanent basis, rental is out of this question, but you see my point.
- What you need might not be available — because you can imagine, there are a number of kinds of wheelchairs, along with your condition may require a particular kind. However, the auto rental firm might not have what you need in stock, so you are going to end up in a seat that isn’t suggested for you. Your only option is to take what it’s given, and which could possibly be awful for you. However, if you buy a new wheelchair, then you can choose precisely what you need, and everybody is happy. Bear in mind that your relaxation and stability will be the number one priority. It may prove to be inconvenient to settle for something that you do not require. For example, let’s say that you will need a wheelchair with fixed armrests, however the leasing company doesn’t have one in inventory. What do you do? Nothing, as you have no options.
- You won’t receive a new wheelchair — automobile leasing companies supply chairs for everyone, so if anybody breaks you, it will be ‘fixed’ and place back in stock. But some damages can’t be undone, and you might wake up having a damaged chair. It might not be severe, however a bent wheel can be quite inconvenient. You don’t wish for that, do you really? A new seat comes with its integrity intact, and that is exactly what you need to need for. After all, using something that somebody else broke should not be an option for you.
- You will wake up with a few extra fees — when you lease a seat, the product is your responsibility, so in the event you scratch it or cause some damage (regardless of how little and insignificant,) you will cover it. You may lose your deposit or anything policy the automobile rental company has. The point is that accidents can happen, but you should not live with this strain on mind
These are only a couple of reasons why I think that wheelchair leasing is inferior to purchase, but surely in the event that you consider it, it is possible to return with more.
Anyone who’s on the lookout for a wheelchair in Wichita, KS is worried about the price. The wheelchair price is something that could determine whether you may purchase a specific item or not. One thing is for certain, though. Rates may change from 80$ (the simple ones) into 12.000$ (those who can raise you up.) Everybody will pick based on funding, but quality is equally as important as everything else.
Most people, not only the ones in Wichita, KS, do not like to devote large quantities of money to get a wheelchair. Yes, there are individuals who can afford to buy a very costly wheelchair, but this is beyond the point. Nevertheless, it is possible to find some inexpensive products that are of top quality. And by cheap I mean a few hundreds of dollars. On the other hand, a wheelchair more than 1000$ could have incredible features like elevating footrests and whatnot. At the cost, even electric wheelchairs are an alternative. The main idea is not to think only of wheelchair price, but also your comfort and freedom also. Bear in mind that a wheelchair is supposed to give back your liberty. It is not the opportunity to really go in market mode.
Wheelchair weight is more important than you believe. It will affect your mobility considerably. The objective of a wheelchair is to move about with ease. If you opt for a thick wheelchair, that isn’t about to occur, can it be? If you’ve got work, or you like to maneuver around the area a whole lot, you need a wheelchair that’s lightweight, particularly in case you have no one to drive you.
The wheelchair weight is set by the materials where the chair is built. Naturally, you need a sturdy metal which makes the chair durable, but at exactly the exact same time, you need a lightweight alloy, like aluminum. You’re able to opt for hybrids also, however they have a tendency to be more expensive than alloys. In the end of the evening, it is you who makes your budget. But, keep in mind that wheelchair weight is one of the factors you need to take into account prior to making a purchase. Otherwise, you can experience muscle strain and fatigue, which you do not require.
when you purchase a wheelchair, then it’s also advisable to think of the accessories you require for it. What it’s sure is that you simply want a couple of things that will enhance your mobility, and let’s not forget about comfort. Bearing that in mind, here are the most usual accessories you will need.
for a result from sitting in a wheelchair, you may suffer from pressure sores, skin ulcers, and reduce back pain, tailbone pain, plus a few more. But a wheelchair pillow will change that. There are many versions you can buy, and if you Don’t Know what to Search for, here are your options:
- Foam cushions — they are the most frequently purchased because they’re the least expensive. While regular foam is comparatively comfortable, my advice is to proceed with memory foam if you are looking for a reasonable solution. High-density foams will continue to keep their shape for more, they will take the shape of your entire body, and so much as comfort goes, you will enjoy lots. On the other hand, the drawback with cushioned cushions is that they wear fairly quickly, and you’ll need to purchase a new one fairly soon.
- Gel cushions — Just as its name suggests, a gel pillow consists of a foam base and a gel bladder in the center. Individuals who have used foam and gel say that gel cushions are far better for pressure sores, and it can be something which each wheelchair user needs. Moreover, gel is designed to help you with maintaining a healthy posture, and you will be pain-free on your lower back and tailbone. On the flip side, exactly like anything else, there’s a drawback to this kind of cushions also. Gel bottoms-out, but kneading the pillow once daily can prevent that from occurring anytime soon.
- Air flotation cushion — In case you don’t know what that is, allow me to inform you. An air flotation pillow is composed of a definite number of balloons that inflate to keep you in a comfortable and wholesome position. You have the possibility of adjusting the pressure points by attaching a couple of balloons to keep them from inflating. The only downside of the kind of cushions is maintenance. After all, we’re talking about balloons. They are able to escape air, and you need to fix that when and if it happens.
- Urethane honeycomb — that is the best that you can get, but urethane honeycomb futon cushions are quite pricey. The pillow is made of many individual cells that may provide exceptional support. The air circulates within the cushion without difficulty, which disrupts the chance of heat retention. As far as glider cushions go, urethane honeycomb will be your very best money can buy.
Only somebody who is bound to a wheelchair can understand the importance of a wheelchair ramp. The absence of access is a real obstacle for a disabled individual, which explains the reason it’s a great thing that most public spaces are bound by law to set up wheelchair ramps. Nonetheless, you must install one at your house too.
Surely you can discover ramps in Wichita, KS, and truth be told, they are not very expensive. But you will need someone to put in it to you since I don’t think you can handle it yourself. One aspect that you will need to be cautious about is your wheelchair ramp incline. You want it to be comfortable that you use. If the angle is too large, that might be difficult for you to move up, and a very low angle necessitates quite the distance for your ramp, which again, it isn’t suitable. Establishing a wheelchair ramp slope is simple, and you need to purchase a ramp accordingly.
Storing your wheelchair correctly is one of the matters you should concern yourself with. The better you maintain the seat, the longer long-lasting it will be. If you do not use it, then make sure that the wheelchair is stored in a clean and dry place. However, you can always purchase a wheelchair pay to assist with this. It is not costly, and it’ll continue to keep your seat tidy.
Transportation is yet another significant aspect if you’re in a wheelchair. In the end, you cannot reside in a one-mile radius for the remainder of your life. Luckily, you have loads of choices. First of all, you may use a wheelchair van. The vehicle is equipped with a lifting system which will allow you to enter and exit the car. It’s quite convenient, and if this kind of vehicle is custom made (most of the instances) and maybe somewhat pricey, it will enhance your mobility. And then let’s not forget on your own sanity. If you stay isolated, you are able to go through melancholy. A wheelchair van is likely to make possible for you to get out of your comfort zone and then interact more.
additionally, if you prefer to travel in spite of your handicap, you can use a wheelchair RV. It is pretty much the same as the automobile van, but instead of a car, you get an RV. You can travel anywhere you want, and you have the assistance you need to get in and outside of the motor vehicle. A wheelchair RV is undoubtedly the best means of traveling for a disabled individual.
Do not forget to reside
While I am aware that it is not easy to live in a wheelchair that does not mean that your life is over. You can do plenty of other things to keep yourself amused, and you can still be a successful member of society. It is possible to always have hobbies and whatnot. As an instance, you can play wheelchair football, which is very popular these days. It’s pretty similar to regular football, but instead of running after the fall, you chase it on wheels. Wheelchair football is definitely something you need to consider.
If wheelchair football is not your cup of java, you can join a wheelchair football team. Certainly there are a few around Wichita, KS. Their sport events are fun, and you can enjoy yourself a fantastic deal. Not to mention that you get to exercise. What you will need to remember is that you’re able to keep yourself amused. All You Need to do is find several actions for handicapped people in Wichita, KS and then combine.
Wheelchairs aren’t complicated, and once you get the hang of your seat, it will become like an extension of the body. However, keep in mind these things: prevent automobile leasing, compare the costs, and mind the wheelchair weight. At precisely the same time, do not forget about the glider accessories, and find yourself a great way of transport. As always, be sure to enjoy each and every day of your life. If you can’t change anything, then you should be wise enough to take it and take advantage of it. You will be happier for it. That I can guarantee.