Do you need to purchase a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift seats, buying or renting one, and where to do that. We’ll coach you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also teach you how a producer’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Wichita, KS Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re great for. These chairs are just not as bad as locally bought chairs as delivery is free. As an added plus, there is typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position power lift chair recliners can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even entirely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you are looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and they can go into any place. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Wichita, KS Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift seat? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Therefore, it’s better to purchase a low end elevator seat than rent one. One can just sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Besides that, it’s speculative as warranties are only good for the first owner. We urge people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they’re contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Wichita, KS
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at a variety of local stores for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices like stair lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift seats. The majority of the items are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise.