Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or simply want better independence. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average price for particular types of lift chairs. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you need to understand about lift chairs.
Woodland, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These recliners are equally as great as seats that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an added plus, there is normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can move independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there’s no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally uneasy. We do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the price is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Woodland, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and owning a lift chair is not that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Obviously, it’s better to purchase a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months, you can also sell the lift seat afterward too. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift chairs can be bought for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same cost as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift seats rarely whereas a fresh one does carry a warranty. It is suggested that you buy a new entry level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Woodland, CA
Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at a variety of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices like pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. Nearly all the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality product.