Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or just want better mobility. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average cost for certain types of lift chairs. This page has pricing information along with retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to learn which lift chair would be the right one for you.
Yuma, AZ Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These recliners are just not as bad as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an extra bonus, there is usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline amount, even completely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to save money, there’s no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Their footrest can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. They also can lie flat for use as a bed. The average price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Yuma, AZ Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you lease a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Therefore, it’s better to purchase a low end lift chair than rent one. One can simply sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a new lift chair or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for individuals and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same cost as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift chairs rarely carry a guarantee whereas a brand new one does. It is suggested that you buy a new entry-level lift chair instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Yuma, AZ
Besides being available at various local stores such as Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift seats. So you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise as most of the items are American furniture.